Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awash with Flowers - PC - Black Board Stamping

The next technique that I tried was not as successful for me as I would have hoped.  People like Sandi McIver make this technique look simple but in reality it is hard to get the colours even.  In fact Mette, one of my stamping partners in crime, does amazing black board work. . . I have discovered that you also need a very steady hand to make the outline look like white chalk on a black board.  Hats off to black board artists all over the world!

So this first card is stamped first with craft white direct onto black card stock, I have then coloured over the white (once it was dry) with Stampin' Up! watercolour pencils. I then merged the colours with an aqua pen and outlined with a white gel pen.  I wasn't happy with how dull the red looked so I crystal effected it. . . not my best effort but I want people to see the projects warts and all!

This card is almost the same technique as the one above, but I didn't try to merge the watercolours here - I avoided the aqua painter and think that the colours are less patchy.

The third card using this technique was coloured with Stampin' Crayons instead of Watercolour Pencils and the colours are very vibrant. The greeting is from the Elementary Elegance set from Sale-a-Brations and complemented the fine lines of the Awash with Flowers outline stamps.

So I hope that you found some black boarding mojo from the above examples and that you forgive me because they are not the best examples in the world. 

Sharing is caring
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni