Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awash with Flowers - PC - Using the Large Petal Stamp Only

The Awash with Flowers is a two step stampin set.  Stampin' Up! were the first stamping company to come up with the concept of two step stamping.  For those who are a little confused by what this refers to it is quite simple.  One stamp is a solid image and the second stamp (which is stamped over the top of the first stamped image) is the outline or the detail; in order to have a complete image you need to stamp with both stamps and there are two steps.

Here is a card using the two steps.  I have used a creative colour combination of More Mustard, Elegant Eggplant and Garden Green - I was trying to work out how to bring more Elegant Eggplant into the card but decided that I liked in "clean".


The beauty of this stamp set is that you can colour the outlined stamp images in many ways and each time it results in a unique image. 

On this next card I have coloured in the petals using an aqua pen and ink pad.  I ahve tried to layer the colour so that it adds depth to the image.  Once again I forced myself to use pink - you aren't going to believe me when I tell you it's not my favourite colour are you?


I incorporated the I (Love) Love jumbo wheel on this card as I felt the background needed something to break the solid colour. I stamped pink on pink.  The leaves are of course the beautiful Sizzlets Little Leaves which I use on nearly every flower card I make.  The creative colour scheme is Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant.  I have stuck the Melon Mambo grosgrain ribbon upside down to hide the white polka dots.

Cheers
Shannean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni