Monday, March 12, 2012

The Open Sea

A wet and rainy day here in Cairns prompted me to make a blue toned card using The Open Sea which is featured in the Summer Mini finishing on 31 March.  Thought I had better post an example before the end of the month if people were looking for ideas. . .


And fortunately for me, I finished it in time to upload to Make It Monday's linky party. 

Always difficult to come up with truly masculine cards.  The colour selection was the easy part - Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and the neutral tones of vanilla .  I put crystal effects on the stamped images that I wanted to pop and to add some more texture to the design. 

I like to scrunch, daub and distress for the blokes - a bit of untidiness is always appealing and the odd tear never goes astray either.

This is such a versatile stamp set - great for scrapping and card making.  There are a number of stamps which can be features or background images; stamping them off and having a lighter tone for larger areas is also a great technique.

Will challenge myself to make a few more cards utilising this set over the next two weeks so stay tuned.

Hip love
Shanni

7 comments:

  1. WOW Shannean, this is just beyond AWESOME!! Masculine cards are so hard to make but you have totally nailed this one!!

    I love the way you have created the image in the embossed oval and the added (crystal effects?).

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - you are so fast woman! Thanks for your delightful comments as always you are far too generous with your feedback. Truly appreciate your help though ;-)

      Shanni

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely AWESOME!!!! What a fabulous card! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your card & saw it on Make it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is great. I love masculine cards, great job. Thank you for sharing on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your lovely masculine card at MIM

    Cheers,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spotted your lovely masculine card on the make it Monday linky party and popped over to say hi. I love the colours and the torn papers you have used. The layers give it depth and the string finishes it of beautifully.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni