Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Atherton Show Entry. . .

Whilst I was sick one of my friends decided that a group of us needed to place entries in the Atherton Show which is a rural show in our region - the prizes are great for this event and Jess thought that we should all try to get a piece of the action.  She filled in entry forms for a group of us then told us we all needed to have the entries to her within a specified time so that she could drop them to Atherton (an hour and a half away).  Truth be told she didn't give us much choice in the matter lol!

I was on my sickbed and this ranked pretty low on my priority list but I thought that I could not let my friend down as she is always doing thoughtful things for me.

Here is another of the cards I came up with on Friday to be entered.

This card is also a nice square 6" x 6" - the base is Blushing Bride and I mounted the Twitterpated DSP on Riding Hood Red. I stictched around the board to tie in the colours and shabby chic theme.  I love making the rosettes to mount the Apothecary Art stamped images on as it really picks up the colours in both images (the DSP and the coloured stamped image).

I coloured the stamped image from Apothecary Art using the Stampin' Write Markers in Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Riding Hood Red.  I then used the Labels Collection Framelit Dies and Square Lattice Embossing Folders for the framing of the stamped image. The little bits of ribbon are an added touch luxury - Pleated Satin Riding Hood Ribbon and Blushing Bride Grosgrain.

The card is actually an easel card.
I added the crocheted fleurettes in Pink, White and Riding Hood Red because they matched the colours of the papers and inks so perfectly and tied in well with the sewing.  Of course I couldn't resist adding pearls and a bit of bling in the form of Frost White Shimmer Paint dilluted with rubbing alcohol to make the whole card extra appealing.

The stitching on the inside of the card ties the whole thing together even further.  I hope that the judges liked the finished project - it was quite easy to pull it together so I think it is one of those things that was simply meant to be. . .

Shanni xx


1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanni .Beautiful card .Love the flowers !
    The stitching adds texture and the WOW factor , I think .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni