Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Starbursting Soho Subway

I love how the starbursts in Starburst Sayings and the matching Starburst Framelit Dies have the appearance of cogs when they are layered on a project. This makes it a great masculine stamp set and it goes nicely with Soho Subway DSP. Here is my latest card:
Background card is Soft Sky, with a Crumb Cake mount and the map page from the Soho Subway DSP. I wanted heaps of texture and layers to this card. The Starburst Sayings Sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede and cut out with the matching framelit die. I mounted this on Champagne Glimmer Paper because I wanted the sentiment to be the central feature despite the busy-ness of the balance of the card.
I also stamped the marquee stamp from the Starburst Sayings set in Soft Sky and Baked Brown Sugar, cut out the pieces with the matching Starburst Framelit Dies and layered these with a 1 3/4" Circle Punch and another larger starburst in Soft Suede.
The Burlap Ribbon and the Baked Brown Sugar Stretched Trim Ribbon blend perfectly with the gold, Soft Suede and Baked Brown Sugar.

Happy day!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni