Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Paper Craft Crew Challenge No. 111

The best way to start back in the blogging routine is to pick up some challenges and I couldn't resist the Paper Craft Crew challenge this week. Can you believe they are up to #111?!

This is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
The base card is Smoky Slate and I have mounted a piece of Whisper White on it embossed using the Perfect Polka Dots TIEF. The dotted Pistachio Pudding DSP is from the All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack in the new Annual Catalogue.

I separated the DSP and the Whisper White cardstock with a piece of the new Silver Satin ribbon. I also used a piece of the discontinued Stretch Ruffled Pistachio Pudding Ribbon from last season because I adore texture!

The textured frame in the background is the Fun Frames TIEF which I have fussy cut out and daubed the edges with Smoky Slate Classic Ink pad. On top of this I layered the dotted frame from Four Frames stamped in Smoky Slate and punched out with the matching Decorative Label punch.
The leaves have been stamped using the stamp from Kinda Eclectic (which I love, love, love) in the rock and roll technique using Pistachio Pudding and Smoky Slate Classic Ink pads. I fussy cut them out  because I wanted a minimalist appeal. the flowers are of course from Stippled Blossoms ~ stamped in Blushing Bride and Strawberry Slush Classic Ink. The flowers were all fussy cut and then dimensionalised for texture and interest.

The sentiment "thanks" is from the And Many More stamp set but I have only inked up half of the stamp as it says "give thanks".  It is stamped in Smoky Slate - I hand cut the pennant shape and daubed the edges so that it would fit the theme. The three pearls on the bottom right hand side are on top of the embossed polka dots which made placement really easy lol!

Not bad for my first non-essential card in months. . .

Cheers
Shanni

5 comments:

  1. Shanni,

    This card is just gorgeous!!! I hopped on over from PCCC 's site.

    Really love all the layers and dimensions. That flower is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie Anny! Never sure when I have used to much dimension lol. Glad that you popped by.

      Delete
  2. Loving all the dimension Shanni and the way you've used the leaves with the beautiful flower image! Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan - I really enjoyed the challenge and it was nice to be crafting for me for a change. You will see me again soon lol!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, I love that stamp set, and the way you have used it here, also love the colours. xColleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni