Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Timeless Elegance is the Best DSP Ever!

I love, the new Timeless Elegance DSP. It is detailed, appealing and adds interest to any project.  The base colours are Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Sahara Sand but it also complements Smoky Slate and the browns. . . very versatile.

Here is a card made with the DSP in a non traditional way:
Base card Mossy Meadow, mounted with Basic Black cardstock. The top layer is of course Very Vanilla cardstock. I inked the Honeycomb TIEF with Crumb Cake ink and used it as a stamp for the background.  I also added a few splotches from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using the same coloured ink . The postal mark from Butterfly Basics is stamped in Lost Lagoon.  The fern leaves from the same set are generationally stamped using the stamp from Butterfly Basics and Mossy Meadow ink.
The roses are from the Timeless Elegance DSP pack. I coloured them using an Aqua Painter and Cherry Cobbler ink. The smaller flowers are coloured using Blushing Bride and the leaves Mossy Meadow.  The charcoal coloured flowers are as they come on the DSP. I then fussy cut around the edge of the pattern to suit the card.  You will see that one flower at the bottom right hand corner isn't even complete, merely a suggestion of a rose.
To add greater depth and shadow to the images I coloured with Cherry Cobbler several times.  I then used the Stampin' Write Marker to redefine the edges of the petals.  The DSP is not really porous so it is essential to be patient when you are painting. I adhered the DSP features with dimensionals.

The Sentiment comes from the Kinda Eclectic set and has been stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on vanilla cardstock. I simply cut the banner shape to fit and stuck it down with a dimensional. The Pearl Jewels are scattered around for interest.

This DSP is so versatile and inspiring. I am already on my second pack in a week,

Cheers
Shanni

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni