Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awash with Flowers - PC - Colouring Outline Inked Images

The final three cards that I made using this set this week employed the same colour scheme of Rose Red, Not Quite Navy and River Rock.  I wanted to see how different the cards would look by varying the technique slightly.

Firstly I coloured the outlined image in using Stampin' Write Markers and blender pens.  I am quite happy with the result.

The next card I stamped the petal card in a mirror image of itself on white card stock and made three separate flowers.  I coloured these in using an aqua pen and ink pad, I layered the colour to give depth and dimension to the petals.  I stamped the leaves on River Rock card stock and coloured them in with Not Quite Navy ink.  I then stuck the flowers and leaves to the base, placed little 1/2 inch circle punch centres in Rose Red to the middle of each flower and embossed the piece using the Sizzix Square Lattice embossing folder. This gives a great effect - I call it the kitchen towel embossing folder as the texture reminds me of paper towels.



I was surprised at how nice this sweet colour combination worked.  Gotta love the Stampin' Up! Colour Coach - the best little investment you can make to ensure that colour schemes are easy on the eye.

The final card that I made this week with the Awash with Flowers was very simple.  I stamped the petals image in a mirrored fashion on white card stock as per the above card, coloured them in using an aqua pen and Rose Red ink pad.  I stamped the leaves outline on River Rock and coloured them with Not Quite Navy.  I cut the flowers and leaves out and mounted them on the card base around the greeting banner.  I used a button in the centres of the flowers (this is because the outlines overlap and don't look that great) and sprayed the whole project with Frost White Shimmer Paint spritzer.



Enjoy!
Shanni

2 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous colour combo Shannean.

    Great to see you sharing photos of your amazing creations.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too nice Michelle! I probably didn't pick the best set to upload but wanted to show all my imperfections in one go! Thanks so much for your help last Tuesday - really appreciated it. See you Sunday, Sxx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni