Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beau Chateau Album (part 1)

Given that I shared the Beau Chateau Tin that I made on Monday I thought that I would continue with a theme of sorts and share the envelope album that I made with my talented friend and down line Lauren Colless a couple of weeks ago.
The album itself is made from six envelopes, card stock inserts and an external cover - but that kind of takes the romance out of it all! So a few more details will make it all the more appealing. . . We constructed and covered the cover of the album and made out own titles for the spine.  The Beau Chateau designer series paper is perfect for this shabby chic project.  The words "Memories - We do not remember days, we remember moments (Cesare Pavese)" come from the Beau Chateau paper series.
The frame is also an image from the Beau Chateau paper series which I cut out and mounted on Soft Suede card stock which I trimmed down to mirror the shape of the frame.  The floral images are also from the papers and I have Crystal Effected them to add a bit of dimension - of course I couldn't stop myself from daubing the edges first to capture that vintage aged feel. . .
The little piece of Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon sets off the beautiful blues of the designer series papers and adds texture to the project.  Else where in the project I have added Victoria Crochet Trim to give that luxurious feel that appeals so much to crafty people.
So each page inside is an envelope which has been trimmed on both sides - one to adhere to the spine of the album and the other to act as an opening to the "pockets" that photos and journals can be inserted into. . .
Here is a closer look at the "page pockets". I decorated each page with the Beau Chateau papers, distressed and daubed edges so that they married in with the shabby feel.  I also used the Scallop Trim Border punch, the Pinking Heart Border punch and Eyelet Border punch (not all seen here) to add a little pizazz to the project.  The scroll stamp is from Elements of Style one of my all time favourite stamp sets - I stamped the image with Marina Mist ink in a random fashion.
This is a page highlighting the chicken wire paper which is just so rustic and appealing. The floral image is from Elements of Style again, stamped in Soft Suede.


I will share a few more images from the album in my next post - I think that the photos I have uploaded are probably going to slow down most peoples' carrier :-). In the meantime you might like to check out Lauren's take on the same project at www.fairyscribbles.blogspot.com.au

See you soon!
Shanni

1 comment:

  1. Lovely :) I'm so glad you love your album and can't wait to see it finished. I am hoping to score some copies of vintage photos from mum to put in mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni