Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Simply Soft Set

I have been wanting to play with the Simply Soft Hostess Stamp Set for some time now and in typical fashion when I finally get around to using it on a variety of cards it is one month from being retired. . .

I stamped out the image of the four flowers on Whisper White card stock and coloured the images using an Aqua Painter and various ink pads.  Once I had completed them all I simply cut them up and made a set of eight cards with them.  The one constant is the stamped image, everything else varies from card to card.
This one is coloured using Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke but I have mounted the stamped image on Sahara Sand card stock with Cherry Cobbler highlights.
This one is coloured using Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder inks.  I mounted it on Wisteria Wonder card stock and treated the white card stock to some embossing to make the image and layout pop - Designer Frames around the image and Petals a Plenty behind the image.
Coloured with Tempting Turquoise and Always Artichoke with a touch of Marina Mist.  The image is mounted on Marina Mist cardstock.  The background card was debossed using the Adorning Accents textured Embossing Folders.
The black and red combination is really dramatic - coloured in Riding Hood Red, the colours really pop with the black hessian in the background and the Labels Collection Framelit Die mounting.
I have combined the Twitterpated Designer Fabric with Pear Pizzazz card stock on this card. The image is coloured with Blushing Bride ink.  The flowers from Vintage Vogue stamped with Blushing Bride (and cut out) and the centres punched out Riding Hood Red for contrast.  The leaves from French Foliage are stamped with Pear Pizzazz.
Coloured with Daffodil Delight and Peach Parfait highlights in the centres of the flowers I used Pear Pizzazz on the leaves.  The image really pops because I shaded the card stock behind the stamped image with Pear Pizzazz ink on the same coloured card stock.  A strip of contrasting Twitterpated Designer Series Paper balances the whole layout.
This image is also coloured in Riding Hood Red.  It is mounted on Chocolate Chip card stock which has been stamped with En Francais using White Craft ink then mounted on Riding Hood Red card.

Final card coloured using Calypso Coral.  I actually shaded over the whole image using the same ink colour and a dauber to give a different finish.  The striped paper is Twitterpated DSP.  I think that the colouring makes the image look quite dramatic.

I will probably give the whole set of eight as a gift and really enjoyed the colouring. . . I am just a big kid at heart who loves to colour in!

Shanni x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful cards Shanni, I love the simplicity of the design and gorgeous colours.
    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love seeing all the different cards you made with the same image. I love to try and make totally different cards with the same image. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI THERE SHANNI
    Great post showcasing the floral image . All card designs are beautiful .I particularly liked the Daffidil Delight colouring and the Calypso Coral in the last one .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni