Sunday, August 25, 2013

Oh Hello - For Something Different

I have been falling in love with the beautiful chevron patterns that we have been seeing in crafting products of late.

Chevron designs are clean cut, distinctive, attractive and versatile.

Here is a different approach to using the chevron stamp from the Oh Hello stamp set which could be applied to scrap booking, off the page projects and of course cards (as I have done here):
This is stamped using the umbrae method of layering colours from dark to light or the opposite. The ink colours from darkest to lightest are Midnight Muse, Pacific Point, Marina Mist and Tempting Turquoise. 
 
I used a Stampa-ma-jig to line up the chevron stamp which actually only has two zig-zags on it. I was nearly going cross-eyed by the end. . .
 
The greeting is stamped in Pacific Point from the Oh Hello set and I simply cut the card into a pennant shape to break it up from the background and marry it into the white spaces between the stamped images.  A piece of white Bakers Twine adds a touch of texture.
 
The base card is Tempting Turquoise and the stamped card Whisper White.
 
Back later
Shanni xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanni, I love this technique. I had Umbrae colured fabric for my bridesmaids dresses, [my first marriage]. So nice to have this technique in paper craft now, hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni