Thursday, March 27, 2014

Peaceful Petals

Pinterest is such an awesome medium but really makes life hard for crafters as it is almost impossible to explore your own creativity when there is so much in the world of clouds to distract you. . .

One of the cutest sets in the Occasions Mini is Peaceful Petals and I have been experimenting with the delightful images in the set. . . stay tuned for more projects over the coming weeks. . .

Today I cased a card from Brian King in the USA. I of course made some changes to what is essentially his design.  I hope you like the card.
The base card is Basic Black, mounted with Whisper White then mounted with Crumb Cake.  I have stamped the Hardwood background stamp image on the card horizontally and this is one of the things that I loved about Brian's card - most people stamp this image vertically.  I think it changes the whole thing up by changing the lay of the timber grain.

I have used the Natural Chevron Ribbon because this ribbon is just delightful to work with - it is easy to place, tie, knot and goes superbly with Crumb Cake and Whisper White. It is such a clean embellishment.

The flower image is from the Peaceful Petals stamp set and looks brilliant coloured in. Paper Piercing it (I always think that this should be called Paper Piecing because we are stamping on different paper, fussy cutting it and sticking it back on the original stamped image) in Whisper White onto the images stamped direct onto the Crumb Cake base. I stamped with the Basic Black Craft Ink which is currently on sale on the Clearance Rack !
Although the flowers look intricate they were a cinch to cut out. I used the Oval Framelit Dies to cut the stamped image out and mount it on another layer of Basic Black.  I haven't added a sentiment to this card as I think that it could fit a number of purposes.

Hoping you don't loose too many hours on Pinterest. . . feel free to follow me. . . the link is on the side bar.

Enjoy!
Shanni

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Shanni. I love the paper piecing technique. It creates depth as well as colour on a line drawn stamp. I'm going to have to try this soon.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni