Sunday, April 27, 2014

Another Soho Card

I love flowers on cards which is a good thing because Stampin' Up! has a plethora of flower stamps to choose from and even if the designer series paper is unlikely to match flowers I will always push my boundaries. . .

Today's card:
Base card is Early Espresso with a Summer Starfruit mount. I have then used the wooden stencil letters paper from the Soho Subway DSP as a backdrop to the stamped point of interest.

I have used the Hardwood stamp to create a fence (with a punched out Early Espresso heart) ~ I wanted it to create an over grown feeling with the flowers and leaves. The leaves are a combination. I have cut out Old Olive cardstock using the leaves from Secret Garden Framelit Dies. Summer Starfruit card was cut using the Sizzlet Little Leaves and I stamped the leaves from Peaceful Petals in old olive on Whisper White and fussy cut them out.
The flowers are stamped from the Petite Petals set in Real Red on Whisper White cardstock and punched using the matching punch and daubed in the same ink colour. The Pearl Basic Jewels add texture. I also punched the flowers from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack in Whisper White with the tiny pearls for their centres

Hope that it appeals.
Shanni





1 comment:

  1. Found some time to do a bit of blog hopping!!! Glad I popped in to see your fab card. Love how you have made your fence and the flowers and leaves look great too. You have achieved your objective of getting that overgrown look.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni