Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Epic Day - Oh Happy Day

I can make modern, funky cards. . . but I normally lean towards the more romantic, vintage style of yesteryear. But here is a card with a contemporary theme:
My base card is Smoky Slate and I have mounted a piece of Basic Gray on top of this beneath the Calypso Coral This & That Epic Day DSP piece. I mounted a piece of the chevron page from the same DSP pack and strips of the Epid Day Washi Tape on the card for interest and colour.
I love the Hung Up Cute Clips which go so well with this DSP and suite. The little arrow doubles as a paper clip if I need to add a number for an aged birthday or something. The sentiment is from the Starburst Sayings stamp set and is stamped in Staz On Jet Black Ink on Very Vanilla and daubed around the edges with Calypso Coral ink. I cut it out with the matching Starburst Framelit Dies then coated the whole thing with Crystal Effects. You can't see from the card but it is mounted with Dimensionals to give the whole card some depth.

I'm happy!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni