Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Melbourne Convention My Favourite Place to be. . .

I am so excited to be at the Stampin' Up! Australia Convention this week. There is nothing better than surrounding yourself with like minded people who are inspired by the sensational exhibition that Stampin' Up! puts on!

One of my favourite parts of Convention is swapping because I get to bring home a heap of ideas and new creations to share with my team, customers, family and friends. Here is one of my swaps that I will be exchanging today whilst attending the Managers event in Melbourne:
I wanted to have a card to swap with just the manager and above demos at Convention because we are fortunate enough to have an exclusive leadership day filled with motivational and inspiring workshops and presentations. We get a bit of extra time with Shelli Gardner and staff from Home and Head office. It is a wonderful event and this year will be no different.

The card base is Whisper White and I have mounted a piece of Crumb Cake on this. I stamped the Post Card stamp in Baked Brown Sugar and then added the fob watch and cogs from Clockworks in Soft Suede. I am trying to channel a steam punk theme and hope that I pull it off.
For texture I have added a Tea Lace Paper Doily (daubed in Crumb Cake ink), a piece of Burlap Ribbon (this ribbon is fantastic as a banner shape for interest). On top of that I have mounted a piece of Baked Brown Sugar cardstock stamped with the Hardwood stamp in Whisper White Craft Ink and cut out with the Chalk Talk Framelit Die. Next I layered a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper punched with the Decorative Label Punch for luxy and glamour.

I also stamped the Shop Around Wheel in Baked Brown Sugar and Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I fussy cut the Sylvia Salon image in a rough square and punched the Crown & Queen out with the Artisan Label Punch. everything was daubed with Crumb Cake ink. The final touches for texture and luxe are the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and Linen Thread, the Simply Pressed Clay rose (daubed with Cherry Cobbler ink) and the Basic Pearl Jewels.

Enjoy!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni