Thursday, October 2, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #94

Busy week - so many amazing things to share. . . I have been really excited about getting back into blogging and hope that I am not talking to myself and that I still have some followers out there lol ~ please feel free to leave a comment if you are liking what you see.

The sketch challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch this week #94 looks like this:
Here is my take on it:
Base card is Whisper White mounted with Basic Black and the stamped base is Smoky Slate. I stamped the background splotches with Gorgeous Grunge stamp set (where would I be without that set?) in Smoky Slate Classic ink.  You will see that I used the mid sized splotches and the lighter splotches. I stamped the large splotches in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink to marry in with the Basic Black mount.

The two feathers from the Four Feathers set in the Holiday Mini Catalogue were stamped in Smoky Slate Classic Ink and Tuxedo Black Momento Ink using the rock and roll technique. I wanted the stamped images to have the variation in colour and a suggestion of texture. I then fussy cut the five feathers despite there being a matching Framelit set as I wanted the cut to be against the image without any white showing.

The Four Feathers stamp set is really versatile and can be used for so many themes - birthdays, thinking of yous, thank yous, get well, sympathy and more. It is only available whilst the Holiday Mini Catalogue is on sale so consider purchasing it today.
In order to add some additional interest to the card I stretched the feathers with my bone folder so that they curled gently and adhered them using glue dots and dimensionals so that they don't sit flat on the card.  As the final step I added Dazzling Detail to the edges of the feathers to differentiate between all of the layers. The sentiment is from Gifts of Kindness, stamped with the Momento Ink and hand cut in the shape of a pennant. I stuck it down with dimensionals too as I needed it to sit above the feathers.

Enjoy!
Shanni


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful take on the sketch! The black color theme is so dramatic and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni